What types of data do we collect?
Some of the data that we collect from you as you engage with our websites and Solutions may include your:
- Job title
- Contact information (e.g., email address, postal address, phone number, etc.)
- Usage Data (defined below)
- Marketing preferences and interests
If we link other data with your personal information, we will treat that linked data as personal information.
How do we collect your data?
We collect and process data when you:
- Register online to receive our marketing communications,
- Respond to a customer survey,
- Create a user account,
- Place an order for our Solutions,
- Request information about our Solutions,
- Contact our Network Operations Center, and
- Use or view our websites and Solutions.
If you choose to provide LTN with a third party's personal information (such as name, email address, and phone number), you represent that you have the third party's permission to do so.
How do we use your data?
We may use your personal data to:
- Process your orders,
- Personalize and send you our newsletters and other marketing communications,
- Notify you about changes to our Solutions,
- Provide customer support,
- Perform analyses to understand how you and other users move around different sections of our websites and use our Solutions so that we can better understand our websites and Solutions are used and make them more intuitive,
- Detect, prevent, and address technical issues, or
- Manage your job application.
We may share your personal information with third parties for the purposes of operating our business, delivering, improving, and customizing our Solutions, sending marketing and other communications related to our business, and for other legitimate purposes permitted by applicable law.
In addition, we may share your personal information:
- With business partners who provide a solution that we resell, service vendors, authorized third-party agents, or contractors,
- In connection with, or during negotiations for, certain transactions, such as in connection with a financing, merger, or sale of all or a portion of our business.
- To comply with a legal obligation,
- To protect and defend the rights or property of LTN,
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with our websites or Solutions,
- To protect the personal safety of users of our Solutions or the public.
- To protect against legal liability,
- In aggregated, anonymized, and/or de-identified form which cannot reasonably be used to identify you, or
- If we otherwise notify you, and you consent to the release of your personal information.
We do not sell your personal information to third parties.
How do we store your data?
We implement physical, administrative, and technical safeguards designed to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. The Internet, however, cannot be guaranteed to be 100% secure, and we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any personal information that you provide to us.
We will retain your personal information as needed to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected. We will retain and use your personal information as necessary to comply with our business requirements, legal obligations, resolve disputes, protect our assets, and enforce our agreements.
What are your data protection rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”)?
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights, which include:
- The right to access. You have the right to request copies of your personal data.
- The right to rectification. You have the right to request that we correct any information that you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request that we complete information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure. You have the right to request that we erase your personal data under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing. You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing. You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability. You have the right to request that we transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you are a resident of the EEA, our legal basis for collecting and using the personal data described in this Policy depends on the personal data that we collect and the specific context in which we collect it.
We may process your personal data because:
- We have obtained your consent to do so,
- The data processing is necessary to enter into or perform a contract with you,
- The data processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation,
- The data processing is necessary in order to protect the vital interests of you or another natural person,
- The data processing is necessary for the performance for a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in us, or
- The data processing is necessary for the purposes of legitimate interests pursued by us or by a third party.
If you are not a resident of the EEA, you may have similar data protection rights under other applicable privacy laws.
LTN encourages parents and guardians to take an active role in their children's online activities. LTN does not knowingly collect personal information from children. If you believe that we may have collected personal information from someone under the applicable age of consent in your country without proper consent, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will take appropriate measures to investigate and address the issue promptly.
Consent to Transfer, Processing and Storage of Personal Information
We maintain servers around the world, and data that we collect from you, including your personal information, may be processed and stored on servers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ from those of your jurisdiction. Your consent to this Policy, followed by your submission of data, represents your consent to the transfer, processing and storage of your data outside of your country of residence and where data protection standards may be different.
How can you access and manage the personal data that you share with us?
You can view or edit your communications preferences online by clicking here. For additional requests or assistance, please feel free to contact us directly at email@example.com. We will make a good faith effort to honor your reasonable request to access, delete, update, suppress, or correct your data and respond to your request within a reasonable period of time if we are acting as a “data controller” with respect to such personal information. If we are unable to honor your request, we will explain why we cannot do so.
If you have authorized access to your data to us through a Third Party Service and you wish to revoke such access, in addition to reaching out to us, we encourage you to contact the applicable Third Party Service to do so. For example, if you are engaging with or accessing the YouTube API through any of our Solutions and you seek to revoke our access to data that we receive via the YouTube API, you may do so via the Google security settings page at https://security.google.com/settings/security/permissions.
How can you change your communications preferences?
If you currently receive communications from us and no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please click here.
You can also manage your communication preferences through the following methods:
- By following the instructions included in each promotional email from us to unsubscribe from that particular mailing,
- By updating your communications preferences here, or
- By sending us a message through email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
These choices do not apply to service notifications or other required communications that are necessary for your use of certain Solutions, which you may receive periodically unless you stop using or cancel the Solution in accordance with its terms and conditions.
By using our websites or Solutions, or by otherwise providing personal information to us, you agree that we may communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy, and administrative issues relating to your use of the website and Solutions. For example, if we learn of a security breach, we may attempt to notify you electronically by posting a notice on our websites, by sending an email, or by using other contact information that you provide to us.
How to Contact Us
We value your opinions. Should you have questions or comments related to this Policy, you can contact us by email at email@example.com or by mail at the following address:
LTN Global Communications, Inc.
7090 Columbia Gateway Drive, Suite 100
Columbia, MD 21046
If you are a resident of the EEA, you can contact the Data Protection Officer of Streaming Media Technologies, GmbH (a subsidiary of LTN Global Communications, Inc.), by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail at the following address:
SMT - Streaming Media Technologies GmbH
Am Mediapark 5B
50670 Köln, Germany
Attention: Benedict Endemann, Data Protection Officer
Updates to this Policy
We review this Policy on a regular basis and post updated versions on this page. You are advised to review this Policy periodically for any changes.
This Policy was revised as of October 13, 2021.