Advance your career alongside industry leaders at a disruptive, rapidly growing IP technology company. Grow and develop in a community that cares.
LTN is a next-generation global cloud network provider. At LTN, our world-class group is creating the Internet based infrastructure for the future of video transport. Based on ground-breaking technology, LTN transports live video for TV broadcasters including CNN, Fox, NBC, ABC, CNBC, MSNBC, Bloomberg and PBS, as well as delivering sports events including college football and basketball. LTN provides a highly available service, utilizing multiple data centers and thousands of machines, state of the art software, proprietary algorithms and powerful IP networking tools. Our company culture is fast paced, rich with cutting edge technology, and focused on providing superior responsiveness and service to our customers. We’re looking for talented and creative people who will thrive in this exciting environment.
The Linux Network Operations Engineer works in the dynamic, fast paced and challenging environment of the LTN NOC and collaborates with a team of scientists and technolgists to support live TV broadcast delivery for major cable news networks and sports events. The Engineer supports customers, addresses end-to-end service problems, and performs troubleshooting to assure high levels of stability and reliability of a highly available service in a unique large scale Linux deployment.
- Solve end-to-end customer service and quality issues.
- Interface with new and existing customers to provision new services and resolve complex, critical or urgent customer issues.
- Monitor the LTN global video network, LTN internal systems and LTN customer Linux appliances.
- Perform Linux server troubleshooting to assure high levels of stability, reliability, and availability of the LTN service.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose IP network issues and determine appropriate solutions.
- Diagnose and fix video related issues.
- Strong skills and experience with the Linux command line environment.
- Experience writing shell scripts and/or Python scripts and using regular expressions.
- Using standard Linux network troubleshooting utilities such as Netstat, tcpdump, Traceroute, Ping.
- Familiarity with Linux IPtables, route configuration, and Ethernet interface configuration.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to confidently solve problems while interacting with customers.
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills.
- Initiative and ability to work independently, and as part of a team.
- Engineering/Computer Science degree.
- Significant experience with Internet protocols, TCP/IP, IP multicast.
- Strong knowledge and experience configuring IP networks and troubleshooting in a Linux environment.
- Familiarity with enterprise firewalls and network security devices.
- Familiarity with layer 2 switches, VLANs.
- Experience working for an ISP or admin troubleshooting for an enterprise network.
- Experience in an operational role supporting services delivered over the Internet.
- Unix system administration / Network Administration experience.
- Customer support experience.
Job location: Savage, MD
Full Time Position — in-office business hours and participating in on-call schedule.
Compensation: Competitive package of salary and other benefits.Email at Apply
We are an innovative and fast-growing live and real-time video transport service provider to the media industry. We own our own patented technology, deployed in a global network with data centers across the US, and in Europe and Asia. We provide transport for both fulltime channels and occasional use events in traditional television markets, as well as digital streaming to a variety of platforms worldwide. Our customers include the world’s largest media companies, including global news networks, sports networks, entertainment companies, studios, cable companies, sports arenas and stadiums, television stations, and colleges.
Our company culture is fast paced and rich with cutting edge technology. We value talent, curiosity, creativity, and offer the opportunity to participate in high value interesting projects and grow professionally.
Job Title: Installation and Integration Engineer
LTN has built a unique, highly available service, utilizing multiple datacenters and thousands of machines connected through LTN’s managed IP network. The LTN network is based on state of the art software, proprietary algorithms and powerful IP networking tools.
The Installation and Integration engineer will work as part of LTN’s engineering team to build systems that integrate with the LTN service and supply complete solutions for highly reliable broadcast transmission projects.
- Install and configure Linux servers with customized configurations.
- Configure specialized broadcast and video equipment to meet technical project specifications.
- Build servers and systems that enable the LTN service to be used in sports venues, event locations and mobile deployments around the world.
- Interface with Engineering, Operations and other teams in the company to obtain specifications, site specific data and other information needed for equipment installation.
- Ensure quality control on all equipment shipped out from LTN to meet customer and operational specifications.
- Help manage a diverse inventory of technical equipment (video, audio, servers, converters, networking) including maintaining supply, recommending components, managing accurate records of inventory, ensuring accurate records on configuration and service profiles.
- Handle domestic and international shipping for technical equipment.
- Linux experience
- Ability to understand high level technical requirements and translate them into specific system and design choices that meet the requirements
- Ability to accurately and completely test and evaluate equipment to verify it meets specifications
- Ability to learn quickly
- Passion for technology
- Ability to work in fast moving environment in which daily tasks can vary
- Ability to deliver on quality solutions with high level of self-motivation and pride in your work
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities
- Thorough, disciplined, organized with great attention to detail
- Linux sysadmin experience
- Technical experience working in IT, broadcast video, networking, or a similar field
- Ability to install computer servers with varying configurations
- IP Networking experience with LAN and WAN networks and firewalls
- Experience configuring broadcast video equipment such as encoders, decoders, signal converters, playout systems, fiber transmission equipment and other similar gear
Job location: Savage, MD. Full Time Position
Compensation: Competitive package of salary and benefitsEmail at Apply
Who is LTN?
We are an innovative and fast-growing live and real-time video transport service provider to the media industry. We own our own patented technology, deployed in a global network with data centers across the US, and in Europe and Asia. We provide transport for both fulltime channels and occasional use events in traditional television markets, as well as digital streaming to a variety of platforms worldwide. Our customers include the world’s largest media companies, including global news networks, sports networks, entertainment companies, studios, cable companies, sports arenas and stadiums, television stations, and colleges. LTN is connected to over 500 colleges and universities in the US, providing connectivity to global news and sports networks for these colleges.
Manager of College Initiatives is a newly created position in the company, focused around providing our large college installed base with a resource dedicated to them. Colleges typically have a variety of needs in the live video transport area, including talent interviews with news networks, traditional sports delivered to sports networks, entertainment and education events that are primarily viewed on websites and other digital platforms, and the newly emerging are of Esports events on gaming platforms. The Manager of College Initiatives will be the primary interface for LTN with colleges and universities, and conferences and NCAA, and will be responsible for ensuring regular and proactive communications with them, and focused on growing our business with this market segment. The person in this role will also work closely with people in various functions in the company, including marketing, events management, sales, and technical support.
Key Candidate Attributes